Gone are the days when you have to choose between taking your time to prepare good coffee and suffering low-quality coffee for a quick caffeine fix. And so is getting stuck with cold coffee in a large pot. In this review, we give you these best thermal coffee makers that will fetch you the benefits without the compromise.
Making It to Our List of Best Thermal Coffee Makers are:
Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Coffee Maker
Here are the features of this automatic thermal drip over coffee maker:
- Superior vacuum insulation technology
The Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Coffee Maker offers a vacuum-insulated stainless steel carafe to keep coffee hot for hours. Two hours after brewing, coffee stays hot at 158°F or above.
- 200°F brewing temperature
This coffee maker uses the ideal water temperature to brew coffee with, bringing out the distinct character of the coffee grounds you’re using.
- 10-cup capacity
Need to make a large batch of coffee in one go? This automatic drip-over coffee maker crafts up to 1.5 liters of brewed coffee. That’s 10 cups of coffee!
- 24-hr programmable timer
Want your coffee to be ready at a specific time? The Zojirushi EC-YSC100 comes with a 24-hour programmable timer that prepares your coffee when you need it.
- BPA-free surface
As it is made from safe materials, the thermal carafe pours coffee that you can truly enjoy.
- Drip-prevention valve
The Zojirushi EC-YSC100 has a spring-loaded mechanism that’s activated once the carafe is removed. This prevents coffee in the coffee basket from dripping onto the surface below.
- Thumb-activated pouring system
Simply press the thumb-activated lid button on the handle to pour coffee into your cup. Besides making pouring smooth and easy, the system keeps the heat locked in.
- Removable water tank and easy access swing-basket
The Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Coffee Brewer is designed with a removable water reservoir that makes water filling and cleaning easy. It also comes with a swing-coffee basket that’s completely removable, and a filter basket that lifts out easily.
- Automated clean cycle
Never forget when your machine needs maintenance cleaning. The Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Coffee Maker’s light will remind you when it needs one.
- Great insulation capability, coffee stays hot inside for hours after brewing
- Carafe stays cool to the touch even after brewing
- Lets you put the ground coffee in the basket at night and pour yourself hot coffee in the morning
- Cleanup is easy with a removable water reservoir and coffee compartment
- Never miss maintenance cleaning with its green light alert
- Brewing time is fast. One cup per minute.
- No automatic shut-off mechanism. You need to press ‘Cancel’ to turn the unit off.
- No feature to switch from brew mode to clock mode
Bodum Columbia Thermal French Press
This thermal French press comes with the following features:
- Double-wall, stainless steel construction
The Bodum Columbia Thermal French Press boasts of double-wall stainless steel construction that helps keep your coffee hot up to two hours.
- 3-part stainless steel plunger
This French press is equipped with a mesh filter that eliminates the need for disposable paper filters.
- 8-cup capacity
The Bodum Columbia Thermal French Press holds up to 1 liter of liquid. That fetches you around eight cups of coffee! It’s also available in 17- and 51-ounce capacity.
- Patented safety lid
The Bodum Columbia Thermal French Press comes with a safety lid that twists close and seals off the pot to keep the contents from spilling. This feature also helps in preventing the heat from escaping between pours. Additionally, the patented lid acts as a second filter as you pour yourself a cup of coffee.
When done, you can disassemble the French press and, put it in the dishwasher for sweat-free cleanup.
- Sleek look and solid construction
- Keeps coffee warm for two hours
- Filters grounds effectively
- Not entirely made of stainless steel. It has plastic parts.
- A bit pricey
- Might be too small for your needs
BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker
The BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker features:
- Double-wall, vacuum insulation
The BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum carafe, made of commercial grade stainless steel with double walling, extends the life of your coffee for at least two hours after brewing.
- 10-cup capacity
This automatic drip over coffee maker prepares up to 1.5 liters of brewed coffee. That’s 10 cups of coffee!
- Super-fast brewing time
Filled to its 10-cup capacity, the BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker completes brewing in around four minutes.
- Simple operation
- Keeps coffee hot for two hours after brewing
- With hot water supply in the tank, the coffee maker brews coffee really fast.
- Not suitable for less than 20-ounce preparations
- A cleaning maintenance alert would make a great feature.
- Emits a burning plastic smell for the first few uses.
Whether you prefer French press or drip over brewed coffee, you’ll find your match in any of the three best thermal coffee makers in this review. With efficient insulation systems, each machine allows you to enjoy your large batch of coffee preparation way past their brewing time.
The Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus is a 10-cup capacity automatic drip-over coffee maker that extracts coffee flavors at the ideal temperature of 200°F and seals hot coffee in a vacuum-insulated stainless steel carafe. The Bodum Columbia Thermal French Press is an 8-cup capacity coffee maker that has a double-wall stainless steel construction to keep your coffee warm longer and comes with a nifty safety lid that acts as a final filtering system and as a seal to keep the heat in.
The 10-cup capacity BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker is a go-to appliance if you want a full pot in just around four minutes. Plus, its stainless steel carafe of double-wall construction fetches you a steady supply of hot coffee throughout the day.
We say that for drip brew coffee, choose between the programmable Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Coffee Maker and the fast-brewing BUNN CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker. And for strong French press brewed coffee, you can never go wrong with the Bodum Columbia Thermal French Press.